Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jade Meets the Cache Valley Cartel

UNTO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN


The car pulled into the gravel driveway, and I could feel the music booming through the strange house and into my skin. An abrupt urge swept over me to dance, as my foot subconsciously began tapping the ground along with the beat. I cleared my throat and nervously shuffled, attempting to stifle the temptation.
I remember exiting the car, uneasiness bubbling at the pit of my belly. I didn't know what the CVC would think of me...
My other friend turned to me, "By the way, Viktor Shaw is like a god."
I cast her a nervous glance, "Huh?"
"Oh yeah, he's a model, and has a really built body. He's the guy that plays lead guitar and sings."
I could hear a distant singing and guitar echo from the house at that moment. I swallowed, though forced a smile on my face, "Is he single?"
"Yep."
"Is he straight?"
"Yep."
"Goddamn," I stated, as if I needed another reason to feel nervous.

(pause)

SIDE NOTE:

VIKTOR SHAW
Lead Guitarist of the CVC
Vocals of the CVC
Womanizer
"The Face"


(continuation) 

My friend pushed the door open, and the music came flowing to the outside world, as if making the night a celebration. I was the last to enter as I closed the door behind me. I looked up, and the first person that caught my gaze was Georgy Rage.

(pause)

SIDE NOTE:

GEORGY RAGE
"...    He'll do ya."
Bassist of the CVC
International Man of "Hot Potato" (thesaurus.com reference to "danger")
(continuation)

He stared at me, eyes wide, his fingers dancing along the neck of his bass. I, quite uncomfortable by his fierce gaze, turned my eyes to my feet, and stumbled farther inside. I turned my gaze upward again, where this time I met stares with another band mate- JP Stokes.

(pause)

SIDE NOTE:

JP STOKES
"The Don"
Leader &
Rhythm Guitarist for the CVC
(continuation) 

He grinned, and I returned his grin with one of my own, then shyly looked away. My eyes then fell upon a Kidd Kazmeo...

(pause)

SIDE NOTE:

KIDD KAZMEO
Lead Vocalist of the CVC
Freestyle Extraordinaire
Silver-Tongued Prince of the Stage

(continuation)

He was spitting out a string of words that blew my mind. I stared in awe, unable to understand how someone could speak that fast. Before I sat upon the couch that was nearby, a gorgeous red-head approached me with a welcoming smile on her glowing face. I was slightly jealous and intimidated by this young woman. Then again, I felt welcome, by how warmly her smile had greeted me.
"Hi!" She shouted above the music, "I'm Kate!"
After our pleasant introduction, we went outside for a smoke break, where she had explained to me why she was also at the rehearsal, "I'm Kidd's wife," she'd said. 
I smiled, thinking what a cute couple they were. 
After our smoke break, we went back inside and all sat on the couch. 
The man I assumed was Viktor Shaw by his handsomely carved face and finely etched physique, caught glances with me. I, of course, managed to maintain our stare for as long as I could possibly handle, his sapphire eyes smoldering. I finally looked away, attempting to control the hotness I felt rising to my cheeks. I could see through my peripherals that he'd slightly grinned in his satisfaction of making another girl blush. Yet again, another victim in his overwhelming presence. I was only the dangling mouse, awaiting the snake to strike. His fingers danced deliciously along his guitar's sleek neck in a practiced haste. I was in a trance at his skill, his muscles flexing with each rehearsed movement. Man and instrument were one item. Proud of myself, I broke the trance and beheld their magnificence as a whole, subduing my want to nod my head with the beat. Sitting there awkwardly, I flipped open my phone and pretended to text, rather sit there staring off into space, or at Viktor's chest.




This was my introduction to the Cache Valley Cartel. Utterly awkward in my case, because I was shy and didn't know what to expect from each band member. However the first night I was there, it was almost like I was immediately part of the family. Well, actually, I pretty much was immediately part of the family during the time Viktor and I were in the basement and everybody was upstairs, but that's a different story...



Jade Arlette









No comments:

Post a Comment