Friday, February 18, 2011

Catching Up w/ the CVC

UNTO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN



I remember sitting in a vehicle, on my way to Logan with a couple of friends, playing solitaire on my iPod Touch, waiting for the time to pass faster after spending an hour-and-a-half in the car. It was a two-hour drive, and after having listened to the same music repeatedly, I turned to the driver, annoyed and not being able to take much more of the same artist, "Haven't you anything else?" 
"What, you hate my music?" He asked jokingly.
I, still annoyed, and even more so, replied, "I didn't say that, I just want to know if there's anything else?"
He nodded and switched the albums, "You'll like these guys," he stated with a smile as I caught a slight pride glistening in his eyes.
I leaned back in my seat, sure that my confusion was written across my face, and lit a cigarette. The music started, and after three songs had passed, I caught myself dancing like a lunatic and wanting to sing at the top of my lungs along with lyrics I didn't know! Embarrassed, I casually placed the cigarette between my lips and took a drag, "These guys are cool, I guess," I stated nonchalantly.
My friend smiled, "They're called the Cache Valley Cartel," he answered.
"Oh," I replied, though repeated the name in my head over, and over again so that I could look them up when I got back to my apartment.
"This is their rehearsal you are going to go see, this is the band I'm playing in," my friend had answered, his eyes alight with eagerness. 
Excitement poured through me like a hurricane. These guys... these guys sounded good. Professional. Experienced. I couldn't believe it. It felt as if I would shortly be in a room full of celebrities. Then that's when it hit me... Oh my god, what if they are celebrities?!
My palms started sweating, my heart started racing, and my breath started quickening! 
I took another drag from my cigarette, "Awesome."



Jade Arlette



No comments:

Post a Comment